WORKS is a Bristol Learning City collaboration between employers, learning providers and
communities to develop a skilled, local workforce.
Building on existing good practice, WORKS will:
- Engage – Employers and learning providers will create opportunities to equip people with the skills and qualities needed in the workplace
- Inspire – People will participate, developing awareness of the wide range of career options available
- Employ – Employers will recruit skilled individuals, who are ready to meet business needs.
WORKS will champion and facilitate:
- The many ways to experience work
- Mentoring for employability
- Opportunities to share good practice
- Networking activities
- An online employability Portfolio (formerly the PEBL).
The first phase of WORKS will concentrate on the digital and construction industries, due to the national and local skills shortage.
A particular focus will also be given to the digital, high-tech and creative media companies setting up in the Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone, as well as construction companies involved in site builds within the area.