WORKS is part of the Bristol Learning City Partnership and is building a unique collaboration between employers, learning providers and local communities to develop a skilled, local workforce.
Building on existing good practice, WORKS will:
- Engage – Employers and learning providers to co-create opportunities to equip people with the skills and qualities they need in the workplace
- Inspire – Young people will participate and gain insights into the wide range of career opportunities available
- Employ – Employers will recruit skilled people who are ready to meet business needs.
WORKS is supporting and facilitating:
- A local experience of work framework, which outlines the many ways to experience work
- Opportunities to network, share and celebrate good practice
- Recording experiences and ideas from all key stakeholders – employers, learning providers and young people.
The first phase of WORKS will concentrate on the digital and construction industries, due to the national and local skills shortage.
A particular focus will also be given to the digital, high-tech and creative media companies setting up in the Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone, as well as construction companies involved in site builds within the area.